Thursday, November 03, 2005

The new and improved Casa del Pecadillo

Ok, I'm moved in. So far, only the Jaguar (Muffin doesn't like his former nickname, and his initials are J A G so he is now "the Jaguar") has moved in with me. A lot of my stuff is still at my parent’s house, but my new place is starting to feel like home. I have yet to get wireless installed in my new house so my posts will continue to be sporadic; I still have to go to my parent’s house if I want to blog.

In the mean time, I'll be posting on the many adventures I've encountered these last few weeks while moving.

About a week or so before we actually moved, we painted the inside of the house. On painting day, C-Train apparently had an overdose of stupid pills. He's usually a very intelligent and insightful individual, but—um, OK—well maybe that's pushing it. Either way, C-Crest was particularly beef-headed the day we painted my house. When the boy-wonder noticed a spider crawling on the wall next to the door to my room, he decided to smash it with his paint brush. There was and are two simple problems with this: 1. C-Crest's brush was covered in dark brown paint. And 2. We weren't planning on painting that wall.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Earlier that night, C-Train attempted to examine a can of "Stormy Waters", dark blue paint. Despite the fact that he had just witnessed this particular can of paint being opened; our hero picked up the can and turned it sideways! Approximately half a quart of dark blue paint now graces my living room floor. I think C-Train took enough stupid pills to sedate Liza Minelli.

Later that night, while the rest of us were desperately trying to make do with the remainder of the blue paint, C-Train had an idea. Einstein decided THIS:

would be a good way to use what was left of the paint he wasted on the carpet....

The moral of the story: don't let C-Crest into your home, under any circumstances. It will never turn out well.

The house is coming along pretty well. I've added most of the "Pec signature touches" that make me feel at home. For instance, the trash can in my room.


The broken bats on my wall.

Or the Barry Manilow record I found in a stack of my mom's old records. She is justifiably ashamed that she ever paid money for it.


"I write the songs that make the whole world cringe."

What's a kitchen without a bike?


Here's me and the Jaguar having our own little Laverne-and-Shirley moment:

Labels:

26 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

The toilet seat garbage can just plain rocks, thats all there is to it.

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Theteak said...

Funny, very funny. Good to see another post. (I have stupid pills).

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:50:00 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Paint is so hard to get off of carpet. :-(

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger clyde said...

Pec- I've got a solution that will probably lift the paint off the carpet. Remind me, I'll stop by and we can try it.

Having been to this home I would have to say you are pretty well setup. My wife would approve of the colors even.

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Uh oh, I'm afraid that your next post will tell us the story about how you bleached and scorched the carpet in your efforts to remove the blue paint.

It would probably just be easier to paint the rest of the carpet blue. ;-D

Sounds like fun already!

Friday, November 04, 2005 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Pilarski said...

Pec-

I've gotta say that the Adobe de Pec is quite a masterpiece. I think you should contact Martha Stewart and see if she and C-Train can hook up. Knowing "Jaguar" I would have to say "muffin" is better. I can't believe you gave in so quickly to that change. He and his gum drop buttons frequent my adobe and his dimeanor is more of a "muffin" man and not that of "Jaguar" boy.

TP out!

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger NEB said...

As the Jaguar's coworker, friend, and mentor, I'm compelled to defend Barry. The Jag introduced me to this pinnacle of American culture, and I'm forever indebted.

Songs that make the whole world cringe, indeed.

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Pecadillo said...

Child of Faith

Dude, I didn't give in quickly; I've been rocking that nickname for almost eight years. And for the record, I haven't given up on it either, I just try to not use it as much in public because he gets a little annoyed with it sometimes.

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:42:00 PM  
Blogger Tom Pilarski said...

Pec-

I remember when muffin came over to me casa and told my wife and I about your nickname for him. It quickly became a family favorite, because it gave them an Uncle muffin and an Uncle Doh-doh(dough-dough). I do know of his despising of the name in public, because I once wrote a check to Uncle Muffin once and it took him quite a while to cash it.

P.S. The check did have JAG in parenthesis so he really could cash it.

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger bp said...

I figured the carpet could use a little more blue paint. Besides, the house is going to be torn down in like a year anyway. As for the writing on the door--that was a saying that Pec, myself, and Jaguar used in school. Pec was already talking about putting an Orlando Bloom poster on that door--so I think my idea was better and less fancy-boy like.

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Pecadillo said...

What about the spider, smart guy? How do explain THAT?

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger bp said...

In case you forgot, it was someone else who motioned for me to kill the spider with the paint brush. I thought that she was painting that wall. We ended up painting that wall anyway--and it looks good.

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Pecadillo said...

Oh, I'm sorry; I didn't realize that there was a universal smash-the-spider-with-the-paint-brush hand motion. I guess I need to brush up on my sign language.

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger bp said...

It killed the spider didn't it? Maybe I should bring a paintbrush with me on Sunday mornings for now on.

Friday, November 04, 2005 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger FX Turk said...

C-Train is seeing a lot of spiders lately. I understand that Methadone is usually good for that.

Friday, November 04, 2005 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Phil Johnson said...

Wrigley stays where he is.

Friday, November 04, 2005 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Phil Johnson said...

Hey, Pecadillo, if the cop thing doesn't work out, I've already got a back-up job lined up for you.

Word verification: garbivp--"a garbage can with a VIP seat fastened to the top."

Friday, November 04, 2005 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Theteak said...

Hey - congratulations on the LAPD thing.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:14:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Freeland said...

It's my humble opinion that muffin should embrace his former nickname. It's a matter of nickname polity that the nickname must highlight the opposite of the object it describes. How many of the most masculine, testosterone-laden, 6'10", 300lb guys in this world are nicknamed "Tiny?" And how many yippy dogs in this world are named "Killer" or "Bruno?"

Jaguar = cute and cuddly kitty cat
Muffin = Intimidation.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Pecadillo said...

Dinsy

Those bats are mine. I broke em.

Chris

Clearly you've never met Muffin.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Warren Pearson said...

Dear Pec - Now I know you're a man of action. Stupid people frustrate you so you're going to venture out of the fish shop and become a professionally trained stupid person restraint and retention officer, to try and keep them from messing up the whole of society. Thanks a lot. Society owes you a debt of gratitude. All the best with your future career.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

is that the bike you biffed it with?

Sunday, November 06, 2005 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

I might be starting something legendary in asking this, but is the other side of the door painted with claims, too? Because if it isn't, you can start a nice written debate about who the captain of the love boat truly is.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Nobody gets to pick their own nickname! The fact that you are changing Muffin's name is an act of kindness. You get a point of light for that one.

Monday, November 07, 2005 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Pecadillo said...

For the record, he is still Muffin. I just have other names for him, like the Jaguar, for when we are out in public or on my blog. But I will always call him Muffin. Always.

Yes, Frank. That is none other than the "Live strong; fall strong" bike that I have repeatedly fallen off of.

Tony, I hate to disappoint you but the only thing on the other side of my door is the reserved sign you see in the other picture.

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

That's not a disappointment... that's an opportunity!

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home