Sunday, November 13, 2005

Third year in a row

A few of my most faithful readers—I'm talking about the ones who might very well one day drink "Pecadillo Kool-Aid"—have asked about my People covers. Believe it or not; those magazine covers are actually forged. It's true; People Magazine has yet to recognize my achievements. Neverthelesss, I put my likeness on the coveted cover in a new style every year.



This one started it all. I was going for the classic Don Pec look. This is how I look about 98% of the time. My ascot was actually a pair of boxers, and the monicle was a plastic sealing-ring from a bottle of juice. I'm like the MacGyver of magazine-cover forgery.



The next year I looked like a cross between Burt Reynolds, Gabe Kaplan, and the "Joy of Painting" guy. This is my favorite cover.



Last year, I didn't go with a theme. My dad caught me off guard with his camera while I was wearing my flight gear, and the picture just happened to fit the cover nicely. What should I do this year? I'm open to suggestions.

By the way, I've had to shave my head completely for the Police Academy. I'm thinking about going for the Vin Diesel look. Unfortunately, I look more like Sinead O'Conner.

Speaking of the Police Academy; tomorrow is my first day. Incidentally, sometime tomorrow morning I'll be receiving my 20,000th hit. Scroll to the bottom and see what number you are. If you’re lucky number twenty-thousand, leave me a comment. Be sure to include who you are, where you’re from, and what time it is. This will be very cool for you; a lot like it was for the fifty-millionth visitor to Disneyland... except your name won't go down on record and your achievement doesn't matter at all.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Bah, I'm not number 20,000.

Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Meirose said...

I'm 19991. There's a name for numbers like that, though I don't remember it.

Big Chris
Because I said so blog

Monday, November 14, 2005 2:17:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Just my stinkin' luck! Unbelievably, I'm number 19,999!

Oh well...since my achievement wouldn't have mattered anyway, I guess it's OK.

Best wishes in your police academy endeavors, by the way.

Monday, November 14, 2005 4:50:00 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Pec, about the magazine covers.

My Grandad told me, "If it aint broke, don't break it."

Monday, November 14, 2005 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Somewhere in between Cindy and Dindale's post someone must have broke the barrier...

Monday, November 14, 2005 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Self said...

I hear the Spurgeon look is in, which is to say the C. Everett Koop look is in. Dr. Koop always reminded me of what a British Naval captain should look like. I bet he always got the lead in the school play when they were doing HMS Pinafore.

Anyway, honor your father and all that.

Monday, November 14, 2005 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

Just stumbled across this blog, adn I ain't 20,000. Wow, what it is to have influential relatives, I have to satisfy myself with a random blogspot here and there.

I do love your work. Keep it up. This blog always meets my intellectual level after I get burnout on the "old man" 's blog!

fb

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah Johnson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah Johnson said...

Pec, don't let your hairstyle limit your creativity. One word:

Wigs

I can see you in a nice mullet, or perhaps something from the Pete Rose/Prince Valiant unisex aisle.

XOXO
~Mensa Reject

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger vox reformata said...

this blog is cool. youre like a glass of warm water, after some theologically hard-core blogsurfing. keep it up. woww! what programs did u use to create those pix?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:36:00 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Just to breath some more life into Pecadillo's blog - I am posting one more comment.

There.

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger ~SugarBear~ said...

I like the People covers, they're great.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those covers are awesome!!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home