Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"It's always nice to meet a fan."



Last month at the Shepherds' Conference, I had the pleasure of meeting some of my former readers. I know that they used to be readers because I met more than ten people, and I haven't had ten readers in a while.

As nice as it is to meet someone who appreciates what you do, I must say I was a little surprised to find that even my most loyal readers don't know how to pronounciate my name. I've heard "Pec-a-DEE-yo", "Pec-a-de-DIL-a", and even "Pico de gallo".

It's really not that hard. Pecadillo is pronounced "Pec-a-DILL-o." Rhymes with "armadillo".

pec·a·dil·lo (pëk’ëdïl’õ) n., pl. pec·a·dil·loes or pec·ca·dil·los. 1. A small sin or fault. 2. Offensive to the senses; revolting. 3. Generally marked by stupidity and uselessness; typically carries out the remainder of existence in parents' basement. 4. Frightens children.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Phekadeller. Gotcha.

v-word: zamiiith (someone saying "sandwhich" with a mouth full of peanut butter)

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

The picture you used here is just too close to this link so I figured I must post it for your scrolling pleasure.

Enjoy!

http://www.veinsofgold.com/humor/33reasons.htm

Kate

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Theteak said...

Put that weight back on huh?

Saturday, April 01, 2006 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

So if one of the definition of "Pecadillo" involves a person living in their parents basement (your parents have a basement!?) could that definition be expanded to include those individuals who are always wearing big, loose fitting sweat pants and a "Dokken" concert shirt when ever you see them?

Curious,
Fred

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger FX Turk said...

Yeah, but ho many stalkers do you have, huh?

I mean besides C-Crest.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Pecadillo said...

What, C-Crest doesn't count? Well, then I guess just the one.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is an AWESOME pic.

Monday, April 24, 2006 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for the clarification... I figured it was pronounced like Napoleon Dynamite... "HEY NAP-o-LEE-on, come get yer Pic-a-DILLER"

I hope things are going well for you. I'll be back to check in with next month's exciting blog article. :-) (speaking of that, I better post my monthly article...)

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home