Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pecadillo's new ride - part 1

Try the Fritters

My car, a 1998 Honda Civic, is on the verge of death. Now that I have a steady, full time job, I'm officially in the market for a new ride. But I don't want one of the same boring cars that everybody else has; I want something that stands out. In my quest for a truly unique car, I've come across a Japanese web site that sells pre-owned vehicles that never exactly made it big here in the States. I now have many options, all I have to do is choose.

My first option is the Honda Vamos:

The Honda Vamos

Nothing says farm work quite like a Honda. And with it's whopping 2 cylinders, the Vamos really has the power to get-up-and-vaminos. This unique automobile is said to top out at 35 mph... going downhill... while being pushed.

The Honda Vamos

With the Vamos, my passengers will feel like they're on a back lot tour of my life. That might have something to do with the lawsuit that the Universal Studios Tour currently has pending against the good people at Honda. Notice how the spare tire also doubles as the front bumper. It's efficient and stylish... well, at least it's efficient.

The Honda Vamos

The Vamos comes in Army brown, off-white, and more off-white. Originally designed as a rural golf cart, the Vamos made the transition over to bona fide vehicle status due to a typo made by Honda's marketing department. Nevertheless, the Vamos has since graced the driveways of literally tens of people.

The Honda Vamos

The Vamos' trunk area is just big enough to hold many of the things I often have in my ride, such as a three foot ladder, a folding chair, or maybe a even whole bag of groceries. I'll tell you what, if the Vamos comes with a pair of those bright red pants, there'd be one parked in my garage already. Unfortunately, pants are not included so I must give the Vamos the adios.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I would buy the Vamos and just get the pants separately.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I wonder if they sell lift kits for those? Can you imagine the confusion you'd cause with big knobby tires on one of those things? ...sweet!

Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Steele said...

you can't adios the vamos. you have to at least keep it in the running. as long as you don't look at any cars that top out over 30 (i know you said 35, but lets be honest here, how many hills and willing vamos pushers could there possibly be?) it should stay in the race.

Friday, September 29, 2006 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Pilarski said...

Dude, forget Dan and his lift kit. I was thinking if you got some spinner rims and a big woofer in that spacious trunk..... Man you would have the new pipm daddy ride of the SCV. All the homies would envy you.

Friday, September 29, 2006 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Like any good high performance car enthusiast, I too have been eye-balling the Honda Vamos. I couldn't convince my wife to get one as a second car however, so I have had to pacify my longing by getting the plastic model for it. Sweeeeeeeet.


Surpisingly, it gets the same gas mileage as the real deal.

Friday, September 29, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Wes Langdon said...

hey paec. i guess i just got a myspace and haven't looked back. Do you have one? my URL is

myspace.com/wlangdon

check it out!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Wes Langdon said...

i guess i just got a myspace and havnt looked back. do u have one?

myspace.com/wlangdon

check it out!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I was in Amish land in Ohio several years ago. The youth group I was with stopped in to an Amish/Mennonite auction house where they were selling pigs and vegetables. As we walked around the auction house, there was a beared fellow driving one of these Vamoses, except that it had a truck bed just big enough for his one lone swine. I kid you not.

The truck bed looked like it may had been welded on with some "Amish know-how" (who thought Amish knew how to weld?), but it was certainly one of these little cars.

Fred

Monday, October 02, 2006 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

-ugly colors
-unpractical design
-poor,no, idiotic advertiseing
-red go-go pants
.....
I don't know what you're waiting for pec.GET IT! It's a match made in Hong-Kong.

Monday, October 02, 2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Marcian said...

Wow, there should have been a warning NOT to read this blog while at work.

Friday, February 23, 2007 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't forget to slap on some spinner hubcaps and some ground effects. You'll have allll the fly honeys on your jock....and by "on your jock" I mean running away screaming.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home