Thursday, October 05, 2006

Pecadillo's new ride - part 2

Well you've seen the vehicles I've already ruled out, my quest continues:

Another possibility is the Honda Carry:

The Honda Carry

With the Carry, owners have the distinct privlage of driving a car that looks the same from both ends. While that's a dream I've had since childhood, I kind of want a vehicle that won't tip over at the first gust of wind.

The Alto Hustle

What a beauty. I'm not sure, but something tells me that the Alto Hustle was originally designed for the Animal Control service. Call me crazy, but I don't want any passenger of mine to catch hydrphobie... again. C-train has never really been the same.

The HondaVan
The aptly named StepVan derives its appellative from the fact that it is 1. a van, and 2. roughly the same size as a step ladder.

The HondaVan

With the StepVan, you get a vehicle that can - and often does - double as a closet.

The HondaVan

And just look at the colorful crowd of people that the StepVan attracts. Those are people I want to party with.

The Honda Truck

Although... chicks dig guys with trucks.

I don't know, maybe I've been going about this the wrong way entirely. I don't need another car, what I need is a hog. Yeah, a hog is sure to make me look butch. And nothing says "butch" like a Zook:

The Zook

Even this young Asian man is frightened by the shear manliness that is the Zook.

The Zook

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what's going on in that last picture.

The Zook

Sadly, I'm afraid I might look a bit silly on the Zook. I'm 6 foot 3, and I estimate our Asian friend here at no more than 4 foot 8. Even at his small stature, he looks like an awkward giant on the Zook. I don't know, maybe I should leave the Vespa's for Chesney Hawkes.

The Trunk Bike

Maybe what I need isn't a motorcycle instead of a car, I need a motorcycle that will fit in my car.

The Trunk Bike

The Trunk Bike has it all; it fits in your car, it doubles as a automan, it even comes with its own tote-bag.

The Trunk Bike

My friends and I often find ourselves in this pose, all I need is the minibike to complete the picture.

The Road Fox

Here it is. I've found my new ride. I need look no further. Who could resist a name like "The Road Fox"? I defy you to find anything cooler than a Vespa with training wheels.

The Road Fox

While driving this beaut' around, people will know you're either the bad boy in town, or you've been stricken with adult onset diabetes.

Where do I sign?

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Screaming Pirate said...

I have often wondered. why in the world do japanies advertisements for cars have a bunch of anglo americans in their ad's? Seems to me you would want your target audience represented in your advertisments. And how many asian burger stands are there? We may never know.

Friday, October 06, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger Frank Di Gerl said...

Step Van! THAT'S IT! Forget my pick up truck! I want a Step Van! Quick! Quick! Where do I sign?

...Sometimes I worry about the Japaneese...

Friday, October 06, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Joe L. said...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long while.

Thanks for bringing some much needed humor to my Friday…

Friday, October 06, 2006 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Pastor Eldred said...

I'm pretty sure C-Train is IN that group picture.

A man riding his Zook, it's a 'scratch your head and wonder'-ful thing!

Friday, October 06, 2006 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

I just got a new vehicle myself. I had an option on the colorful singing people and I chose no. My last car came with three earth tone clad chanters and they were a nightmare. They were constantly sluggish or else completely broken. And they never looked at all like they did in the picture.

Friday, October 06, 2006 7:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda like the minibike/ottoman. It would garner me a lot of respect when I visited customers.

Monday, October 09, 2006 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

seriously, who could resist something named THE ROAD FOX? you'd get to dance that way all the time. WOWIE!

Monday, October 09, 2006 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I too liked the motorized ottoman - I wouldn't have to park it outside, but could drive it right up to my desk - and then put it underneath for comfort. Were that not enough, I am sure that there must be an "extreme-sport" associated with it...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Haha, Daniel, no doubt there already is Xtreme Trunk Biking in the X-Games (complete with Trunk Biking on the vert ramp and Freestyle Trunk Biking).

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Pecadillo said...

Ah... Washington.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Huuuh?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger FX Turk said...

OK. I wasn't going to say anything, but given where you live and what traffic is like there, you need to go ahead and just buy a propane-powered golf cart.

The Golf cart have many unique features, but to me the most appealing is that if you drive it all over town as if it's not a prank, you look like a guy who has all the money in the world and you don't give a rat's tail what other people think about you.

All those cretins with expensive cars can't drive their Jags and their Hummers onto the golf course. Me? I don't even have to park -- and I have a tee time in 10 minutes, so get the !@#! out of my way.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:32:00 AM  
Blogger FX Turk said...

Hey star dweller:

all your bases are belong to us.

Now where's your army?

Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:33:00 AM  
Blogger Emily Taylor said...

There is a reason why I never tell anyone I have a blog and you figured it out. They aren't very good. I work at Master's in Student Finance, I hope Anne likes me because I love her, and if you want to know how I hurt my arm you can ask Jedi, I'm sure he'll have something interesting to say about it.

Friday, October 20, 2006 1:35:00 AM  
Blogger Emily Taylor said...

By the way, your blog is pretty funny.

Friday, October 20, 2006 2:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pec, how often do you and your pals find yourself in that pose?

Sunday, October 22, 2006 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I read your father's posting about the Starbucks on Sepulveda and Nordoff.

Went to Sepulveda Jr. High like ... 25years ago, so don't knock it too hard.

Sigh..it was a nice area back then.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I'd share this little gem with fellow enthusiasts... Once you dig in a little there are many oustanding articles. Check it out when you feel like reading - golf school

Monday, March 12, 2007 8:03:00 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

on the third picture of the "zook" please tell me what the little guy on the upper left hand corner is doing (or do I want to know?).

Thursday, August 09, 2007 3:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home